The Accreditation Programme
LASER Accreditation is a voluntary quality assurance programme for providers of practical safety education.
The Programme aims to be the preferred mechanism and mark of quality for LASER practitioners wishing to assure local and wider community members of their commitment to educational excellence and quality.
Scenarios and resources are central to 'LASER' activity.
Typical LASER practitioners are:
- Centre Managers
- Event Co-ordinators
- Scenario Managers
- Voluntary Agency Staff
Benefits of Accreditation
- Users can be confident the scenario has been approved for use in LASER activities
- Encourages partnership
- Encourages self-evaluation
- Encourages innovation
- Provides access to mentoring and moderation support
- Provides recognition from RoSPA and its partners
- Helps justify expenditure, fund-raising and scenario/resource mix
- Helps to measure the impact of interventions
To find out more about the process of accreditation please see the LASER Alliance 10 Stage Accreditation Check List (PDF 33kb).
*RoSPA cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any pages on linked websites.